Searching for gifts for friends or family members with allergies or food sensitivities? Check out our patients’ and doctors’ ideas, from the practical to the creative, with some that are very tasty!
- Environmental controls-products that help reduce or limit allergens in the home.
- Pillow and mattress encasements
- Air purifiers, filters and dehumidifiers
- HEPA vacuum cleaners
- Various allergen reducing cleaning products
- Visit: allergycontrol.com or bedbathandbeyond.com
- Lifestyle-living with your allergies
- Hypoallergenic skin, hair and makeup gift sets vmvhypoallergenics.com
- Style-friendly EpiPen handbags and accessory cases epi-essentials.com
- Foods, cooking and recipes for the food sensitive or allergic
- The Nutrimill Harvest Grain Mill: make your favorite recipes with fresh home milled pure flour from various grains, lentils or beans. nutrimill.com
- Premium cookbooks can be found in many stores such as williams-sonoma.com , or a subscription to a specialty magazine like glutenfreelving.com
- Grass-fed beef and meat products from US Wellness Meats grasslandbeef.com
- Vital Choice wild seafood and organics vitalchoice.com
- Is the person on your list a Vegan? Check out ohsheglows.com or vegweb.com for a collection of vegan recipes and resources.
- Safe Sips for the wine lover: Sulfites can contribute to allergic reactions, so try sulfite free organic wines from freywine.com
- Chocoholic? Find milk free, peanut free, gluten free chocolate treats and gifts at nowheychocolate.com or www.vermontnutfree.com
Still not sure? Try gift cards or certificates for movie, theater or concert tickets, adventure lessons, art classes, or even professional cleaning services for their home or apartment.
Let us know if you have other ideas, suggestions or have found useful site that you would like to share with others by commenting below.
Season’s Greetings and Happy Holidays from All-American Allergy Alternatives, LLC